Pages

21-Books I Read In April

June 1, 2012

  1. Going in Circles-Pamela Ribon
  2. Hocus Pocus-Kurt Vonnegut
  3. The Six Rules of Maybe-Deb Caletti
  4. Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me?-Louise Rennison
Well, this is late. I loved all of these books, but #1 is the one that most resonated with me. I love that it includes roller derby, but it is about much more than that. This book is about a woman who, although recently married, is already going through a separation. It's pretty clear from the beginning that her marriage is over and she knows it, but is not ready to accept it. What I most enjoyed is seeing the protagonist go from this scared, depressed little thing to a woman who is sure of her place in the world and who knows that she will be ok on her own. I also liked the friendships that help sustain her through this time. 
I also have to mention #4. I began reading the Georgia Nicholson series when I was 19. I borrowed them from the library and usually read through each book within a day. They are so fun and funny and I love Georgia and her little sister, Libby. I put off reading this last book because I didn't want it to end. I have to say that, even though I knew who she would end up with from the beginning, I was still rooting for the The Luuurve God. And even though I am now 28, I still laughed like a loon on loon tablets while reading this book. I am sad to see this end. I will miss you Georgia, vair vair much.

♥ ♥ ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS